NEW BILLS ADDED
HOUSE BILL 112 — Rep. Perry, Lee B.
FIREARMS AMENDMENTS — Status: House/ to standing committee 1/25/2017
NOTE: Still awaiting committee scheduling
(1) provides that a business owner who allows a person with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm onto the owner’s property is not civilly or criminally liable under certain circumstances; and
(2) provides an exemption for a person, 21 years of age or older who may lawfully possess a firearm, from certain criminal provisions related to the carrying of a concealed firearm.
H.B. 198 — Rep. Lisonbee and Sen. Weiler
CONCEALED CARRY AMENDMENTS — House 3rd Reading Calendar for House Bills 2/14/2017
NOTE: This bill has picked up some traction and seems to be moving through fast. This is one to watch!
(1) establishes a provisional permit to carry a concealed firearm; stipulates that individuals must be at least 18 years of age, but no more than 20 years of age, to obtain the permit;
(2) stipulates that the holder of a provisional permit issued by the state must meet eligibility requirements, including minimum age requirements, to carry a concealed firearm in another state; and
(3) prohibits a provisional permit holder from carrying a concealed firearm on or about an elementary or secondary school premises.
Updated will be provided as they become available