HB0087S1 — Safe Storage of Firearms Amendments
STATUS: 2/25 House Rules Committee • NOT LIFTED FROM TABLE – MOST LIKELY TO FAIL IN COMMITTEE
• Makes it a criminal offense to store a firearm in a place that the firearm owner knows or has reason to believe a minor or person legally restricted from possessing a firearm has access;
• Requires a firearm dealer to post written notice of possible prosecution for negligent storage of a firearm and provides a penalty for failure to post the notice
HB0094 — Weapons Restrictions Amendments
STATUS: 2/28 • PASSED HOUSE – PASSED SENATE JUDICIARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE – JUST NEEDS TO PASS SENATE VOTE. LIKELY TO PASS
• This bill changes and clarifies the prohibitions for carrying a dangerous weapon by an intoxicated individual.
HB0190S01 — Liability of Firearm Custodian
STATUS: 2/20 House Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee • HELD STATUS FOR FURTHER REVIEW • NO CHANGE SINCE 2/20 • BILL APPEARS TO BE STALLED AND UNLIKELY TO MOVE FORWARD
• This bill addresses liability for the discharge of a firearm custodian’s firearm.
HB0209 — Extreme Risk Protective Order
STATUS: 2/4 House Rules Committee • NO CHANGE SINCE 2/4 • BILL APPEARS TO BE STALLED AND UNLIKELY TO MOVE FORWARD
• This bill creates the Extreme Risk Protective Order Act
This bill draws us some serious concern and we believe it warrants action on the part of the citizens. Please contact your representative. No real due process before confiscation.
HB0217 — Open Carry Near Schools Amendment
STATUS: 3/5 House Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee • NOT CONSIDERED IN HOUSE COMMITTEE • BILL APPEARS TO BE STALLED AND UNLIKELY TO MOVE FORWARD
• This bill prohibits carrying a dangerous weapon within 500 feet of an elementary or secondary school.
This bill draws us some serious concern and we believe it warrants action on the part of the citizens. Please contact your representative. Will turn law abiding citizens into criminals.
HB0331 — PROHIBITION ON FIREARM MODIFICATION DEVICES
STATUS: 2/21 House Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee • INTERESTED TO SEE IF THIS EVEN MAKES IT OUT OF COMMITTEE • BILL APPEARS TO BE STALLED AND UNLIKELY TO MOVE FORWARD
• This bill prohibits buying, selling, or possessing a device that modifies a semiautomatic firearm.
This bill draws us some serious concern and we believe it warrants action on the part of the citizens. Please contact your representative. WHO DETERMINES WHAT IS AND IS NOT A MODIFICATION?
HB0418 — UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR FIREARM PURCHASERS
STATUS: 2/27 — House Rules Committee
• Requires background checks for the transfer of a firearm between persons who are not federal firearms licensees; creates exceptions for family members, law enforcement agencies and officers, and others; allows for temporary transfers under specific circumstances; and sets penalties.
Bills that have been requested by our representatives and titled but have not been submitted for process.
- Concealed Carry Amendments
- Domestic Violence Changes
- Firearm Purchase Background Check Amendments
- Universal Background Checks for Firearm Purchasers
- Firearm Disposal Amendments – ABANDONED
Bills we will not updated until end of session. Does not effect your rights but is administrative in nature.
- HB0017S2 — Firearm Violence and Suicide Prevention Amendments
- HB0036 — Bureau of Criminal Identification Reporting Amendments
- HB0068 – Court Commissioner Amendments
- HB0152 — Voluntary Commitment of a Firearm Amendments
- HB0243 — Domestic Violence Modification
- HB0325 — Domestic Violence — Weapons Amendments
- HB0332 — Prohibited Persons Amendments