On our our former students has spearheaded the Utah Chapter of Well Armed Women. I would encourage women to join and attend a this organization as they afford women the opportunity to learn the skill set unique to women in a male dominated industry.
TWAW Salt Lake City – North Shooting Chapter will give women of all experience levels the opportunity to be introduced to issues important to women shooters, learn safe gun handling skills and train together.
TWAW Salt Lake City – North Chapter is being spearheaded by Jacqui Porter, a local female gun enthusiast. Events will be held monthly and open to all women, 21 years or older. TWAW Shooting Chapters has partnered with Discount Guns and Ammo to be the host range for these monthly events. Time will be devoted to discussion and topical study as well as time on the range learning and practicing safe gun handling skills at each monthly event.
Participants will be required to pay any applicable range fees and costs of ammunition or firearm rentals. Annual Chapter membership dues of $50 provides members with local and national discounts, a chapter hat and member kit and is used to cover chapter expenses, and events. First time attendees are not required to join.
The first shoot is scheduled for May 14, 2015 6-8 pm at Discount Guns and Ammo, 2140 S 1260 W, Salt Lake City then we will continue to meet the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6-8 pm.
Reservations are required. I need to reserve enough lanes for all of us.
The Well Armed Women Chapter of Utah
TWAW Shooting Chapters is a non-profit organization that organizes local groups of women around the country that meet monthly to practice, learn and grow as shooters. Creating opportunities for women to be introduced to issues important to women shooters, learn safe gun handling skills and train together.
To expand the world of firearms to women all over the country in a safe, non-threatening way with the purpose of Educating, Equipping and Empowering woman shooters.
- Educating women on firearm safety, gun care and handling
- Developing gun handling skills
- Building defensive gun skills and awareness
- Developing confidence
- Networking with women of like interests
- Meeting new people/socializing
- Women 21 years or older of all experience levels
- Women who are just getting started with buying, shooting, and caring for firearms, and want to learn in a comfortable environment
- Women who have some level of experience and want to advance their skills
- Women who want to share their knowledge and expertise to help other women
- Women who want to have some fun and enjoy learning and shooting in the company of other women